- Aims and Values
- The Staff
- The Governors
- Governor Roles
- Register of Interests
- Governor Attendance
- Instrument of Government
- Governor Zone
- School Standards
- Pupil Premium
- 2014-15 Pupil Premium
- 2015-16 Pupil Premium
- Sport Premium
- 2015-2016 Sport Premium
- 2014-2015 Sport Premium
- Nursery Admission
- In Year Admission
- Reception Admission
- Contact Us
This is the summary of the last school inspection which was in January 2014.
Ofsted consider Edith Neville to be a ‘Good’ School.
For the full report please click on the link below.
This is a good school.
- Pupils make good progress from very low starting points. Their rate of progress is higher than that of similar pupils nationally.
- Teaching in the Nursery and in Reception has improved and children now make good progress.
- Teaching is good with some that is outstanding. This is because leaders have introduced new systems for checking how well teachers are doing and because of the regular training opportunities they are given.
- The Head Teacher has brought about rapid improvements in pupils’ progress since her appointment and is successfully building up a team of highly enthusiastic leaders and teachers, committed to the vision of the school.
- Pupils’ behaviour is good. They are polite and courteous. They have a good understanding of safety. Attendance has improved and is now above average.
- The large majority of parents and carers are positive about the school. Leaders are working to increase their involvement in the school.
- The promotion of pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is good with many opportunities provided for them in a rich and vibrant curriculum.
- Leaders, managers and governors have been effective in improving the quality of teaching and the progress pupils make. They are well placed to bring about further improvements.
- The governing body is very effective. Members bring significant expertise to their role.
School Ofsted reports:
Ofsted, regulates and inspects to achieve excellence in the care of children and young people, and in education and skills for learners of all ages. The most recent Edith Neville Ofsted inspection reports are available for download below, and from our inspection page on the Ofsted website.
Edith Neville School Ofsted Inspection Report:
The school was also filmed by Ofsted as an example of outstanding practice in Anti- Bullying and Behaviour. Watch our video below:
This short film shows how Edith Neville Primary School has created a positive culture to prevent bullying and to tackle it when it occurs.