SEND Information Report
The School SEND Information Report
The Edith Neville Primary School SEND Information Report sets out what we provide for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) throughout their time with us. It explains how we support them on to the next stage of their education. Our SEND policy gives more detail about our day to day procedures including how we plan the most effective support for children with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) and how we review their progress.
The Camden Local Offer
Camden Local Authority also publishes a Camden Local Offer on its website. This sets out a wide range of information about the specialist services, schools, colleges and organisations that can provide support and information for families of children and young people with SEND. It explains the procedures for requesting an assessment for an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) which is replacing the SEN statement.
You will also find information about:
- where to go for advice and guidance on SEN and Disability matters: http://www.localoffer.camden.gov.uk/template/13/special-educational-needs-and-disability-information-advice-and-support
- health and care services, e.g.: http://www.localoffer.camden.gov.uk/template/4/mosaic-integrated-service-for-disabled-children and http://www.kids.org.uk/
If you have any queries about information on this website or comments please contact Camden Local Authority Officers at: SENDreforms@camden.gov.uk
The purpose of our SEND Information Report
The purpose of our school’s SEND Information Report is to inform parents and carers about:
- how we welcome children with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) into our school;
- how we support them in all aspects of school life and remove barriers to achievement;
- how we work in close partnership with parents/carers and children;
- how we make effective provision for all of our children with special educational needs and disabilities – SEND.
We will keep our SEND Information Report under review by asking parents and children what is working well and what they want to improve. The next review date for our SEND Information Report is July 2017.
Communicating our SEND Information Report to Parents
Our SEND Information Report and SEND Policy are available on our website. Your child’s class teacher is the first point of contact for parents. If you have further questions, please ask our school office to arrange an appointment for you. They will be able to direct you to the relevant member of staff who can deal with your query. This may be any of the following staff members or governors.
- Ruby Nasser, Headteacher and Inclusion Lead
- Amy Hagemann, Family Centre Lead
- Julie Randles, Governor responsible for SEND
- Judith Wilkins, School Business Manager
The full SEND information report is available to view here